Friday, March 13, 2015

Eggplant when chicken goes to work!


I like to eat everything now as a grown adult, but as a kid I was no different than the other kids. A fussy eater. My mom would cook eggplant very often and try to feed me but she never really succeeded. One day she finally gave up.

I usually did watch a lot of TLC growing up and there is a chef that I really liked watching. He had the most easiest and simple food recipes ever. So one time he made this amazing smoked eggplant dip. The way he was talking about it made me want try that right away. I tried this smoked eggplant dip which turned out to be absolutely delicious and easy to make. 


Eggplant, is called aubergine in France. This vegetable was always loved for its beautiful looking purple colour and a unique texture and taste. At the beginning in Europe, people used eggplant as a decorative plant in the garden. Well I would do that too, I love the colour purple and anything that is purple. Talking about its beauty Eggplant does have many nutritional values like it is a very good source of vitamin B, vitamin K, vitamin B6 and other good stuff.

From this I learned that the most powerful way to convert an eggplant hater is to fry it (I mean the eggplant, not the person who hates it). It is a less messy way to  make dip. It is velvety, smoky and tangy that will impress many an eggplant-hating guest.







7 comments:

  1. Eggplants are one of my most favourite foods. Being a vegetarian for over 5 years, eggplants tended to save me while being out to dine as an alternative to meat options. Eggplant parmesan is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggplant is a key ingredient to vegetable lasagna too and tastes great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an eggplant hater, but after reading this post I think I'll give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post Prad! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew eggplant could look so good? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge fan of eggplant! My Dad makes a killer eggplant Parmesan!

    ReplyDelete