Friday, February 27, 2015

I am your biggest Flan.



If you are looking to impress someone with you are dessert and want something that will not take very much of your time. Then you have got to learn to make a Caramel Flan. I won't lie about the hard work you will have to put it to caramelize the sugar, watch it every second because if it stays one second longer you can burn it and one second because is not well done but when you bake it and flip it over the pretty looking flan is mesmerizing. 

If you have known me for a long time I have most definitely made this you at least one. This is a recipe I got from my mother when I was in 8th grade and I have been making it ever since.

This simple caramel custard is eaten in many country around the world and has many version to it. Also, it has many names like caramel flan in Spanish speaking countries, caramel custard or caramel pudding, but no matter what you call it, one thing is I am sure of, this is a very simple yet sophisticated recipe that will bring style to the dessert course.





9 comments:

  1. I want to try that ~~\(≧▽≦)/~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to bake so bad, awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried flan, but this post certainly makes me want to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family loves flan! It is a must at every Christmas and New Years party. Great to see a lot of people love it too. Sometimes I offer it to my Canadian friends and they seem to be less eager to eat it than my family usually is haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried this before but definitely considering it after reading this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, especially the picture. I defiantly want to make this now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheeky title, I love it. Looks great, I've never been the biggest dessert person but I do love understated and simple dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first flan I ever had was a Cuban flan, hmmm i was instantly hooked!

    ReplyDelete