Friday, February 6, 2015

As American as an Apple pie






I personally think desserts are the best part of the meal and I'd rather have the desserts first and then the main course, I am weird like that. That is why my first post has to start with a dessert. It's very rare to find an individual who doesn't like Apple pie. I have always heard my friends saying "my grandma makes the best Apple pie" or “my mother has the best Apple pie recipe" but I didn't have anyone to refer back as I grew up in India where deserts are very different from what we get here. Not that I don’t like the Indian desserts but apple pie is most likely to be on my top 10 desserts lists.

Now, my ex room-mate worked at a restaurant and all I would ask her to get home was apple pie. I didn't mind waiting till mid night for her to get home, just so I could eat the sinfully yummy pie. One of the best apple pies that I ate would be over Christmas when my classmate invited me to her sister’s house for lunch. Trust me when I say this that was really the most wonderful apple pie I must have eaten.

So I got home that day wondering how to make it. Surfing over the internet to find a quick and easy apple pie recipe and I came across an easy one which I did a little alterations to make it tastier and a little easier.

So to know how I make it, click here for the recipe.





6 comments:

  1. I agree with the notion that desserts should be consumed before main courses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't! Desserts are something to look forward to once you have finished your meal. PLUS, it's a way great to avoid unnecessary indulgence. Once you're full, you might only eat half of what you would eat if you eat dessert first ;)
    Also, Costco has the most amazing apple pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Pradnya! Now I want to go out and get apple pie! ahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed my sister's apple pie Pradnya. She is so pleased you liked it and mentioned it in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple pie is definitely one of my favorite desserts too. Especially with vanilla ice cream. I also love apple crumble and make that frequently during apple season. Harvest Barn sells amazing pre-made pies and crumbles!

    ReplyDelete